Type of information will we collect from you
The personal information we collect might include the following:
- Your identification details (your name, surname);
- Contact details (address, phone number and email address);
- Your gender and date of birth;
- Distance chosen at the TRM event;
- Your images (photographs and videos) when competing in the LRM event;
- Preference for brand of shoes;
- Financial details (where a transaction is involved by issuing an invoice);
- Professional information (area of job).
Legal basis for and purpose of processing your information
Personal data is necessary for ensuring your participation in the TRM events and to comply with mandatory legal obligations under European Union and Latvian legislation, as well as for processing under your consent and for the purposes of our legitimate interests as follows:
- To process any application you make to participate in any of the LRM events;
- To process any request for information supplied by us and to ensure effective communication;
- To track your progress in any of TRM events;
- To state the race winners and to award them;
- To organize and promote the events;
- To send you health and safety and other relevant event information for any TRM events that you are participating in;
- To notify you of event, activities, publication and services that may be of interest to you;
- To record statistics for analysing figures that help us in planning future events;
- To reflect the TRM events in accordance with clause "Images" below.
You acknowledge that the TRM events are classified as public events and that the TRM events may be televised, filmed, otherwise recorded and photographs may be taken, all of which may capture your participation in any such event. By entering an event you grant us and those authorized by us unrestricted right to use such photographs and recordings for any purposes it is deemed reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media (for the avoidance of doubt, also in the future).
If you have entered a child (i.e. a person under 18 years of age) into any of the TRM events, we will process details about the child as well as the parent/other legal representative.
Duration of keeping your data
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to:
- Carry out TRM events;
- Establishment or defense of legal claims that could be made against us;
- Comply with legal obligations under EU/Latvian law.
Typically, we will store the information for ten years from the date of your last participation in the TRM event.
Sharing of your information
Based upon the services you need we may pass your details to selected natural persons or legal entities (data processors) to carry out certain activities on our behalf (for example, time keepers for TRM disciplines and processors of the results).
We may pass your information to third parties where required to do so in the course of organizing the TRM event, or where we are obliged by law, including, but not limited to:
- Our professional indemnity insurer in the event a claim is made against us in order to defend ourselves;
- Our legal counsels in order to protect our interests;
- Any disclosures to law enforcement agencies where required by law.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically opted-in.
Security of your data
Your data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorized access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimized.
Access and update of your information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed, as well as you have a right to request erasure of your personal data. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to 40-24 Brivibas street, Riga, or e-mail email@example.com.
Objection of using your data
You can ask us to limit the way in which we are using your information or object to certain types of processing. You have a right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time.
Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving your information to another organization
You have the right to request that we send a copy of the personal data we hold about you to another organization for your own purposes.
Data protection on Tet Riga Marathon website
Tet Riga Marathon website visitor data protection is provided in accordance with Latvian laws and regulations.
Tet Riga Marathon website contains Google Analytics cookies, which are used to improve the website by analyzing the user's habits. These cookies provide information such as the number of visitors to the website and the pages visited by the user, and the total time spent on the website. All information collected from _gat and _gat cookies from all users is collected and processed anonymously. Individual visitors are not identified. The cookie _ga stops working after two years, but the cookie _gat in ten minutes.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to 40-24 Brivibas street, Riga, or e-mail email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Latvian data protection regulator, Datu valsts inspekcija. Further details can be found at www.dvi.gov.lv.